- Neck pain is a common complaint. Neck muscles can be tensed from wrong posture whether it’s leaning over computer .Osteoarthritis also is a common cause of neck pain.
- Neck pain generally goes away within a few days or weeks, but pain that continues for months could signal an underlying medical cause that needs to be addressed. In some cases, early mediation may be necessary for the best results.
- Stiffness of neck
- Sharp pain in neck
- General soreness
- Radicular pain
- Cervical radiculopathy
- Trouble with gripping objects
CAUSE:-Several causes for neck pain ,it mentioned below:-
- Poor posture
- Sleeping in awkward position
- Repetitive motions
- Cervical degenerative disc disease
- Cervical osteoarthritis
- Cervical osteoarthritis
- Cervical herniated disc
- Spinal tumor
- Computed Tomography Scan (CT or CAT scan)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Selective Nerve Root Block
- Reduced neck strength
- Previous neck problems
- Poor posture
- Labor-intensive occupation
- Female sex
- Feelings of low support from work, family, or friends
AYURVEDIC VIEW FOR NECK PAIN:-
- Ayurveda denotes to it as “Manyasatmbh” which come under a vatavyadhi. It is caused due to aggravation of Vatadosha. In this condition occur muscle rigidity, immobility of the neck, and pain in the neck muscles.
- It is also caused by a Vata aggravating diet and lifestyle. So treatment based on calming the Vatadosha.
FOOD AND LIFESTYLE HABBITS THAT INCREASE VATA DOSHA:-
- Eating too fast or while on-the-go
- Foods that are cold, raw, light, old, spicy or processed
- Fasting or waiting too long to eat
- Skipping meals
- Non-nutritious foods, soda, sweets, junk food
- Don’t sleeping during the day and awake at night
- Suppressing natural urges (gas, urine, stool, burping)
- Too much exercise or lifting weights that are too heavy
- Walking or biking for long distances
- Stress and prolonged emotions of grief, anger or fear
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR NECK PAIN:-
- Neck pain in Ayurveda is a Vata related disorder. It is caused by Vata aggravating diet and lifestyle.Ayurvedic treatment for spondylosis uses herbal formulations to remove the VataDosha.
- The patient is also given diet advice to avoid the intake of Vata aggaravating foods. Medicine for the problem is also supplemented with the external application of Ayurvedic oil for cervical spondylosis.
- More active cases need external Ayurvedic medicine for cervical spondylosisPanchakarma procedures. Panchkarma therapies like Snehana- swedana to relieves muscle spasm around neck & pain can be minimized.
- GreevaBasti ,Greevalepa,shirodhara and shirobasti has been described as best treatment for vatadiseases.Yoga postures like Bhujangasana (Cobra pose), Matsyasana (Fish pose), Dhanurasana (Bow pose) are extremely beneficial for cervical spondylosis.
AYURVEDICTHERAPIES FOR NECK PAIN:-Following Panchkarma therapies for neck pain:-
- GREEVA BASTI
- PINDA SWEDA
- GREEVA LEPA
These therapiesrelive the pain and inflammation,strengthen the tissues and to prevent reccurance.
- AYURVEDIC MEDICINE FOR NECK PAIN:-
- ERAND PAK
- BRIHAT VATA CHINTAMANI RAS
- TRYODASHANG GUGGUL
- EKANGVEER RASA
- VATA VIDHVANSA RASA
- RASANASAPTAL KWATH
- DASHMOOL KWATH
- ASHWGANDHA CHURNA
- AMRITA SATVA
- YOGRAJ GUGGUL
- MAHAMAS TAIL
- ERAND TAIL
AYUVEDIC OIL FOR NECK PAIN:-
- ERAND TAIL
- BALA TAIL
- MAHANARYAN TAIL
- RASNA TAIL
- KARPURADI TAIL
- DHANWANTRAM TAIL
- MURIVENNA OIL
CAC SPECIAL MEDICATION FOR NECK PAIN:-
- Nerve up tablet:-These tablets are pure ayurvedic formulation. Nerve up tablets help in mangaing the vatadoshas and kaphadosha. It acts as nervine stimulant. It shows very effective results in improving the central nervous system. It contains natural ingredients which help to cure any kind of pain. This tablet helps in Backache, knee pain, headache, depression,bronchitis.
- RasayanVati:-Rasayanvati is herbo-mineral Ayurvedic tablet which contains various Ayurvedic herbs .These ingredients show antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, immune-modulator and antipyretic properties. These tablets give good results in General debility, Psychological disorders, and improves immunity and helps in cervical pain.
- Pain-O-Kill Oil:-This herbal oil provides good results in body pain, swelling, and stiffness. Massage with this oil relieves pain, stiffness, & swelling. Pain-O-Kill oil is contains from herbal ingredients like Jyotishmati, Devdaru,Vatsnabh, Rasna, etc. These Ayurvedic ingredients show anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, & analgesic properties. The antioxidant nature eliminates all toxins out from the body.
- Pain–O-Kill Syrup:-It is an herbal remedy that helps to get relief from the any kind pain which is linked with cervical spondylitis. It contains herbal ingredientwhich cure pain.This syrup helps in reducing the stiffness & rejuvenates the body tissues. It helps to improve muscle tone. This syrup has effective result in reducing the inflammation.
- PanchsakarChurna:-PanchsakarChurna is an Ayurvedic formulation that consists of Ayurvedic ingredients. It act as naturally detoxifyer, thus it removes the toxins from the body. This churna is very beneficial in cases of disc prolapsed, cervical pain, lower back pain, ligament sprain, neck stiffness, sprain in muscle, tendons. Panchsakarchurna helps to relax the muscles around the neck and also decreases the inflammation.
- Detox Standard Powder:-These herbal sachets are prepared from herbal ingredients that gives calming effect on the stomach. These sachets have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antacid properties. It mainly affects in lowering the pitta dosha of the body and maintains proper digestion of the body.